Boost is a piston cup and hot rod race car
From the Blu-Ray Guide: Boost wasn't always a gang leader. When he was younger, he worked at a garage for elderly cars where he befriended an early drop-tank racer who turned him onto the ways of fast racing with nitrous. Learning from the master who racked up records on the Great Salt Lake, Boost promised the old timer he'd keep the tradition alive.
In Cars, Boost, DJ, Snot Rod and Wingo were driving along the Interstate when they noticed sleepy Mac carrying Lightning Mcqueen. Boost decided to have fun with him, which the others agreed, until Snot Rod's sneeze woke Mac up, making them flee the scene
In Cars: The Video Game, which takes place after the movie, Boost and the other tuners refuse to let Lightning McQueen get through a part of Tailfin Pass. Lightning decides to challenge them to a race, and agrees that when he wins, they'll let him pass, and give him a boost canister. The tuners agree to race him, but unfortunately, Lightning wins, and Boost and the gang leave the area. Later, the tuners spot Mack on the highway and prepare to rob him of Lightning's race gear, which they succeed in doing (Boost did his part by jumping on Mack's trailer, provided by a ramp Snot Rod brought, which dropped the racing gear). When Lightning hears about the robbery, he brings the tuners to justice and they are later impounded. The tuners confess that they didn't plan the robbery and that they were paid by Lightning's arch rival Chick Hicks to do so.
- Vehicle Type: Kyoku/Jitsu
- Sports carbon fiber panels
- Paint job looks like it is from tokyo
- Wheel rims compliment sleek body style
- Cool nitrous
- A repainted, non-anthropomorphic version of Boost could be seen on a poster on the wall of Andy's room in the trailer of Toy story 2. This poster was replaced in the final movie by a picture of wingo.
- Boost's license plate simply says "BOOST".
- Boost, along with an impound version of him, has been released to the Cars Die-Cast Line.
- Lighning Mcqueen, the main antagonist in Tokyo Mater, was designed to resemble Boost.
- Boost can be downloaded as a playable character in Cars : The Video Game.
- In the Italian version, he is voiced by Formula One driver Giancarlo Fisichella.
- ↑ "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu Ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu Ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.