Carla Veloso is the race car from Brazil.
World Grand Prix contender Carla Veloso hails from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The sweet but powerful Latin diva can dance the night away at the "Car-nivals", but spends most of her time on the racetrack. After seeting a new track record at the local Interlagos circuit, she was drafted to join the 24-hour endurance racing team in Europe, where she posted a consistent series of podium finishes.
In the World Grand Prix, the proud Brazilian Le Motor Prototype racer is the only female in the field, and Carla is ready to prove to the world that #8 is there to win for her home country.
- Hometown: Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- Top Speed: 206 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 2.8 seconds
- Engine Type: 5.5-liter twin turbo diesel V-12
- Horsepower: 725
- Carla's pit crew chief is Cruz Besouro.
- Although Carla has a small speaking role in the film, she has a bigger speaking role in the video game.
- In the Brazilian version of Cars 2, Carla replaces Jeff Gorvette and becomes the car Lightning McQueen meets along with Lewis Hamilton at the World Grand Prix opening party. Her performer is the singer Claudia Leitte.
- Carla Veloso was first supposed to be named Sonia Santana.
- Coincidently, she is also #8 in the Cars 2 Die-Cast Line number listing.
- In Kinect Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure, the player as a car is the same model as Carla Veloso, if the player is a female.
- She is modeled after a Peugeot Type-908 FA Le Mans Prototype