Fernando Alonso is a character that appears in the Spanish version of Cars 2. He is a race car that replaces Jeff Gorvette in the scene where Lightning McQueen meets him and Lewis Hamilton at the World Grand Prix welcome party.
- He is the only one of Jeff Gorvette's replacements that has not been released as a diecast. (Although Frosty is only available in Australia.)
- Fernando Alonso replaces Jeff Gorvette in one scene in the Spanish version, which is part of a localization of the movie in six different countries.
- Fernando, unlike most characters who replace Jeff who have the same car body as Max Schnell, has the same car body as Miguel Camino.
- Both Fernando Alonso and Miguel Camino come from Spain, and their paint jobs include the colours of Spain's flag.
- He is based on, named after and voiced by Spanish Formula One driver Fernando Alonso. Also, his paint job is a reference to his crash helmet, and the blue and yellow colours are also a reference to Renault's Formula One cars from 2000 to 2006. His paint job also includes the colours of Spain's flag.