- "So, is everyone ready to try to keep up with MAX SCHNELL?!"
- —Max Schnell
BioMax Schnell started as a humble production sedan from Stuttgart, Germany. An avid amateur racer, Max would practice alone in the back roads of the dense Black Forest - a trek that eventually caught the eye of a racing team owner.
Soon, Max was on a professional circuit, bearing the #4, and as his horsepower increased, he converted himself to carbom fiber, dropping his weight and getting into prime racing shape.
He's won more races at Motorheimring than any other World Torque Champion League car in history. A naturally brilliant engineer, he used logic and analytics to refine his build, and plans to approach the World Grand Prix in the same perfectly calculated manner.
In the movie, he was first seen at the party in Tokyo, Japan. He then appears in all 3 races. He appears to be well on dirt, because he caught up to 3rd place at the race in Tokyo, Japan. In that race, he was then the 3rd car to be blown up by the lemon's camera. In Porto Corsa, Italy, when that big crash happened, he tried to break, but didn't stop in time, and crashed into Miguel Camino. Then Raoul ÇaRoule and Rip Clutchgoneski crashed into him. However, he was able to get fixed and race in London, England. He then appears at the race in Radiator Springs.
- Top Speed: 160 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Engine Type: 4.0-liter V-8
- Horsepower: 470
Sebastian SchnellIn the German version of the movie, he is renamed Sebbastian Schnell, and replaces Jeff Gorvette in the scene where Lightning McQueen meets him and Lewis Hamilton at the party in Tokyo, Japan.
But Jeff Gorvette still appears in the races.
This is part of a localization of Cars 2 in six countries.
- "Schnell" is a German word meaning "Fast". Max Schnell's name could be translated as "Maximum Speed".
- Max Schnell has on his hood the inscrption "WTCL", which represents the name of his racing league, the World Torque Champion League. It is an allusion to the WTCC, the World Touring Car Championship. However, Max's design apparents him to the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters), another type of touring car racing.
- Max's pit stop crew chief is an Audi TT named Otto Bonn.
- On Max's tires reads "TRU-TREAD - Traction A Temperature A - P215/65R15 89H", a recurring inscription on the tires of many characters of Cars 2.
- Max Schnell's body was reused for Vitaly Petrov, Frosty, Memo Rojas Jr., Flash, Sebastian Schnell, and Long Ge.
- Although silent in the original verison of Cars 2, Max speaks in Cars 2: The Video Game.
- Max Schnell takes strong design influences from the Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Class DTM Racer as well as the BMW M3 GTR. Some say he even resembled a Toyota Corolla, although being from Stuttgart Germany, it is more likely that he would be a Mercedes-Benz, rather than a Toyota model.