- "All systems go."
- —Raoul ÇaRoule
- Darrell Cartrip: "The dirt is supposed to be the great equalizer in this race."
Brent Mustangburger: "French rally car Raoul ÇaRoule is counting on a big boost headed through there."
- —RSN commentators about Raoul ÇaRoule
BioKnown as the "World's Greatest Rally Car," #6 Raoul ÇaRoule was born in Alsace, France. A restless soul, Raoul joined the famous 'Cirque du Voiture' French circus where he learned Gymakhana - a graceful drift-filled motorsport that taught him pinpoint timing and an unparalleled ability to navigate tricky courses with ease.
He's the first car to ever win nine consecutive rallies. Raoul is confident he can use his rally experience to pull ahead of his fellow World Grand Prix racers during the three courses' touchy dirt sections, especially with his fans in the stands waving banners that read: "ÇaRoule Ca-Rules!"
- Top Speed: 124.3 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 3.5 seconds
- Engine Type: 1.6-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Horsepower: 300, ALL WHEEL DRIVE
- Hometown: Alsace, France
- Raoul ÇaRoule is a reference to French rally driver, nine times WRC winner Sebastien Loeb, with whom he shares a similar backstory and the same car.
- On Raoul's sides and hood is written GRC, which is an allusion to the WRC, the World Rally Championship.
- On his tires is written "Rouler Vite", which litteraly means"Roll Fast" in French, or more in context, "Drive Fast". A smaller inscription reads P210/70R18 99S.
- He is based on Loeb's Citroën Hymotion4 WRC. During the production of the film, Citroën contacted Pixar complaining Raoul looked too much like their hatchback. Character art director Jay Shuster had to make a diagram of the character pointing out all the differences, and how the cars weren't the same.
- Raoul's pit stop crew chief is Bruno Motoreau.A French version exists in which Raoul ÇaRoule replaces Jeff Gorvette as the car Lightning McQueen meets at the World Grand Prix welcome party along with Lewis Hamilton.
- The French rally racer character in Cars 2 (that ended as Raoul ÇaRoule in the final film) was first supposed to be a female car, named Michèle, in allusion to Michèle Mouton, that finished second in 1982 in WRC. And when the character was changed to a Sebastien Loeb-inspired racer, he was first named Sebastien.
- Raoul's last name, ÇaRoule, literally means in French "That Rolls", which could be translated more in context as "to go fast."
- Raoul is similarly modeled like Emma from Cars Mater-National as they are both rally cars.
- His nickname is Simmasacheniegahier
- "Ah ha ha! I, will drive CIRCLES around them all."
- "No one can beat me!"
- "ÇaRoule Ça-Rules! Ha ha ha!"
- "So long for now!"
- "I will not choose that again, I promise you."
- "All systems go."
- ↑ ‘Cars 2′ Character Stats, New Tokyo Party Clip and New Still as Sophia Loren Joins International Cast
- ↑ Behind The Scenes At Pixar: Talking With The Creators Of Cars 2
- ↑ Excerpt of an emission of the "Journal Télévisé of TF1"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Queen, Ben (2011). The art of Cars 2. San Francisco, Calif.: Chronicle Books. pp. 160. ISBN 978-0811878913.
- ↑ La voiture, vedette des Bagnoles 2 (In French)