Tony Trihull is a character in Cars 2.
Tony is one of the heavily-equipped combat ships who works for Professor Zundapp. He serves as a guard and transportation for the Professor and the lemons. He is first seen in the beginning of the film, where he confronts Crabby, who has Finn McMissile aboard him, and tells him to turn around while pointing his lazer weapon at him which forces Crabby to leave. Without Tony knowing, Finn McMissile hitches a ride on him where Tony arrives at the oil rigs. He is later seen towards the end in London, when Professor Zundapp is trying to escape, yelling for the Professor to hurry and get aboard him. Finn McMissile stops the Professor, which forces Tony to use a magnetic device pulling the Professor to him. McMissile then shoots out several mini-bombs out of his wheels which cling onto Tony's magnet, resulting in a huge explosion killing Tony.
In the video game, he appears in the intro scene riding around the oil rig. Then, he appears in one of the Oil Rig tracks, where if you get caught in a spot light, he would say something like "You don't belong here." Then a weapon will be aimed at you, and the weapon would blow you up. Or maybe, that was the other battle boat.
- Tony is modeled after the USS Independence (LCS-2), a trimaran Littoral Combat Ship in service with the U.S. Navy. It's reflected in his hull number (02) and last name "Tri-Hull".
- When he exploded, the explosion was big enough to kill Finn McMissile and Professor Zundapp. However, in the following scenes, they are unharmed.
- Tony Trihull, somewhat resembles a shark in appearance, with his grayish texture, pointy nose, gill-shaped side vents, and his shape of teeth.
Weaponry and Gadgets
- Magnet: Locked into a rope, these magnets help Tony to get any metallic object.
- Independent shooter: Located at Tony's sides, these gun launchers are controlled independently by a car in a cabin.
- Missile Launcher: Located at the front of Tony, these missiles are for standard situations. Comes with a laser to target objective.
- Torpedo Launcher: Located at Tony's sides, these torpedos are more deadly used for desperate times.
- Tony Trihull: "What are you doing out here?!"
Crabby: "What does it look like, genius? I'm crabbin'!"
Tony Trihull: "Well turn around... and go back where you came from!"
Crabby: "Yeah? And who's gonna make me?"
(Tony deploys his gun)
Crabby: "All right! All right! Don't get your prop in a twist!"
- —Tony forces Crabby to turn around.
- Acer: He's getting away!"
Tony Trihull: "Not for long!"
- —Acer and Tony, when Finn was escaping.
- "Hurry, Professor!"
- —Tony, when Professor Z was being chased by Finn McMissile in London.